Fees and Billing
Home Birth Services Package:
Discounted cash rate: $5000
This includes a $1000 deposit at the beginning of care and an additional $1000 due by 20 weeks of pregnancy, with the balance of $3000 due by 34 weeks of pregnancy.
This fee includes:
- Midwifery care during pregnancy: visits in person or virtual monthly through 28 weeks of pregnancy, then every 2 weeks through 36 weeks of pregnancy, then weekly until the baby's birth.
- Continuous midwifery care from the onset of active labor through birth, the immediate postpartum, and newborn exam.
- Postpartum care for the first 6 weeks.
- Normal newborn care for the first 6 weeks.
- Normal schedule of routine labs.
- Birth kit of medical supplies for the birth including sterile equipment and personal supplies.
- Use of one of my inflatable or rigid birth tubs if desired.
- Lactation care including skilled IBCLC care for complicated lactation issues.
Midwifery fees do not include the following items to budget for:
- Lab work other than the standard schedule. The labs may be billed to insurance by LabCorp or Quest if applicable, or paid for wholesale through the midwifery practice.
- Ultrasound / imaging as needed.
- Additional items for waterbirth if desired (personal tub liner, additional towels, tub heater, new hose and adapter, etc).
- Additional household items to have on hand at the birth (towels, plastic, bags, thermometer, etc).
- Childbirth, lactation, parenting classes. Gina offers a lactation class to her clients as part of routine care.
- Billing fees if seeking insurance reimbursement.
- Convenience charge for paying with a card or United Medical Credit.
- Additional mileage / tolls if greater than 45 minute drive from Brighton, CO.
Moonbabies uses an insurance biller for those wishing to seek reimbursement from their policy. The practice is considered out-of-network for standard insurance and may be subject to an out of network deductible and coinsurance. Biller fees are the responsibility of the midwifery client. In Colorado, CPMs are excluded from CHP+ and Medicaid in Colorado.
HSA and FSA payments are accepted.
Gina is part of The Lactation Network, which provides in-network IBCLC visits at no out of pocket cost if your insurance plan is in network. To check your coverage, please follow this link to enter your insurance information: Moonbabies Lactation Network Portal
In-Home consultation self-pay price: $200. A superbill is provided if you would like to pursue insurance reimbursement.
Moonbabies also works with United Medical Credit for families who need more flexible terms or who wish to pay over time.
"Thousands of patients have trusted United Medical Credit to secure affordable payment plans for their procedures. United Medical Credit can do the same for you.
Some of the benefits of choosing United Medical Credit to finance your care:
Extensive Network of Prime and Subprime Lenders
Multiple Plans to Choose From
Decisions Within Seconds
No Prepayment Penalties with Flexible Terms
Fast and Easy Application Process with No Commitment
Plans available for Credit Challenged Applicants"
To access the Moonbabies United Medical Credit Portal, please follow this link: United Medical Credit