Birthing From Within® Childbirth Classes
The childbearing year is one of growth, transformation, and reflection. Parents have individual needs to address while growing as a family. Birthing From Within childbirth classes offer a lively, interactive and multisensory format that allow parents to answer their deepest questions about this time of so many changes.
In my classes, parents are:
- Encountering the stages of labor as may be experienced physically, mentally, emotionally
- Developing a pain-coping mindset and integrating many techniques for coping with intensity
- Cultivating a supportive environment for birth and newborn life
- Preparing for the unknowns of birth, learning how to birth in awareness no matter what the Birth Fairy brings
- Taming birth "tigers"
- Creatively constructing new ideas about childbirth and parenthood
- Creating a plan for life with this newborn
- Learning how to care for and feed this newborn.
Our curriculum is adapted to parents' interests and needs; there is always time for your questions.
Part of preparing for birth in this expansive way is accepting and preparing for the rich variation in birth. Just like in other areas of life, surprises find their way into every birth story. Through willingness to find and use coping resources, parents can relax into whatever birth story unfolds on the birth-day.
I have teamed up with Rebekah Adams to teach Birthing From Within classes in Lakewood. Our quarterly class is 6 classes long, but may be less than 6 weeks in length. The investment in most series is $350 for community members and $300 for clients of midwives in the Denver Midwives Collective.
I am also available to speak and do a "teaser" class at conferences or events for parents or birth professionals.
More information can be found at the Birthing From Within website.